“Bibliotherapy in public libraries of Emotions:
A European Experience of innovative reading promotion”
2 March 2022 (10.00 – 12.30) in the Muntpunt Library in Brussels (and online)
Over two years four European public libraries in Anderlecht/BE, Lodz/PL, Kaunas/LT, and Kranj/SI have experimented with bibliotherapy, a method placing emotions at the heart of the reading experience. Supported by the French organisation Love for Livres and a public library advocate association, Public Libraries 2030 the libraries put in place digital and physical Libraries of Emotions and have conducted various bibliotherapy sessions with different publics.
We are proud to present the project results and give insights to the various activities and approaches of the libraries involved. We invite you to experiment a glimpse of a bibliotherapy session and we want to discuss perspectives on bibliotherapy inside and outside the library with an interdisciplinary panel.
- Welcome and introduction (Moderator PL2030/ European Commission, Creative Europe programme)
- Video “Inspiration from the project Libraries of Emotions”
- Presentation of the projects’ toolkit and bibliotherapy methodology (Love for Livres)
- Presentation of the project results in the partnering libraries
- Bibliotherapy session (Maggy Leoncelli)
- Panel: Perspectives of bibliotherapy in and outside the public library with:
- Maggy Leoncelli, Brussels based biblio- and art therapist
- Jürgen Pieters, writer and scholar at Ghent University, author of “A book of consolation” – how literature can bring consolation throughout history.
- Benoît Cruzten, participant in bibliotherapy session, Espace Carême Anderlecht
- Paulina Płuciennik, Librarian at Biblioteka Otwarta in Łódź, Poland
Wrap-up and Outlook and Networking
Limited places are available on site in Muntpunt. Please register by sending an email to email@example.com before 21 February.
To join online, please register here.